Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 08:31:20 -0400
Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:19:56PM +0100, Mark McCarron wrote:
> > Given the scale of this obviousness, I can only assume that you're a
> >sock puppet for an intelligence agency who has started to panic about
> >the network going truly dark.
> >
> > Deal with it.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I've tried to tolerate the conspiracy theories / trolling here, since
> there are legitimate worries to be had about what attacks various
> adversaries may have come up with, even if the way you're expressing
> them isn't winning you many friends. But ad hominem attacks are not
> appropriate for this list, and they will get you removed from it if

	@ Mark

	Looks like my case has finally and completely been made
	for me, by Roger.

	You´ve been officially threatened by one of the ´leaders´ of the
	´tor family´ for (unlike me) politely point out tor´s obvious
	flaws.

	As a side note, I am suprised at the blatant contradicion

	Roger : ¨I've tried to tolerate the conspiracy theories /
	trolling here¨  <-- thats a 100% chemically pure ´ad hominem´

	and then

	¨But ad hominem attacks are not appropriate for this list¨

	I rest my case...though I´ll throw a bit more evidence in =P

	¨Mick¨ wrote ¨Personally I shy away from feeding trolls.¨
	<--name calling/ad hominen.

	¨zeenan¨ wrote  ¨I suggest you save some dignity and
demonstrate a genuine attempt to contribute meaningfully in any way.¨

	That line ^^^^^^ looks pretty insulting to me.

	And you also got an anonymous lunatic rant/attack from
	antispam06@xxxxxxx  (that was from a tor zealot who is  really
	pissed off, it seems)

J.