Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 08:31:20 -0400
Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:19:56PM +0100, Mark McCarron wrote:
> > Given the scale of this obviousness, I can only assume that you're a
> >sock puppet for an intelligence agency who has started to panic about
> >the network going truly dark.
> >
> > Deal with it.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I've tried to tolerate the conspiracy theories / trolling here, since
> there are legitimate worries to be had about what attacks various
> adversaries may have come up with, even if the way you're expressing
> them isn't winning you many friends. But ad hominem attacks are not
> appropriate for this list, and they will get you removed from it if
> they persist.

Roger

Agreed he isn't winning many friends. But I think a threat of removing
him from the list (and thus removing his right to air his views) is both
wrong and ironic given that Tor is supposed to facilitate free speech.

Others on the list can choose whether or not to argue with him.
Personally I shy away from feeding trolls.

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net