Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:32:24 -0700
From: cb736@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity
To: mark.mccarron@xxxxxxxxxx

Please do us all a favor and send this only to the relevant subscriber, instead of sending them two copies. No one else cares, other than to serve to discredit yourself. This is what you said:"I
 have been examining the number of what would normally be deemed as illegal sites sites on Tor.  Eliminating the narcotics trade, as these tend to be intelligence agency backed enterprises, a serious decline has been noted across the board.This would tend to suggest that exposure is common place and users no longer feel safe.  In the more serious categories, such as child porn and violent sexual material"This is what you have quoted Mick as saying:Interesting point. In many, if not most, countries the very act ofaccessing such material is illegal. Yet, McCarron, in his post of
 25June, admitted on this public email list that he now had difficultyaccessing "the more serious categories, such as child porn andviolent sexual material".That strikes me as stupid. Certainly it is not "low key" as you say.Mick has not, in my opinion, defamed you. But has pointed out that in some countries accessing "child porn and violent sexual material" is illegal, but neither did you say that you had actually accessed any of those sites - what you said is that you had "been examining the number" of sites like that that existed.
I see an apology in order, but by you, not by Mick.
--Christopher Booth        From: Mark McCarron <mark.mccarron@xxxxxxxxxx> To: "tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "mbm@xxxxxxxxxx" <mbm@xxxxxxxxxx>  Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 2:14 PM Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity   Mick,I would be very careful what you claim in your emails.  I have the capability of suing you into oblivion, that email constitutes defamation.  Nothing like that was ever said, either retract it or I will take you for everything that you've got.Your choice.Regards,Mark McCarronDate: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:11:50 +0100From: mbm@xxxxxxxxxxxx: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and AnonymityOn Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:05:06 -0400tor@xxxxxxx allegedly wrote:> > I have a hard time believing that you've been effectively tracking so > much 'child porn, rape, snuff videos' content that you can > conclusively say that all such content has sudd
 enly disappeared from > Tor. My knowledge about the way that kind of content works is, that> no one person would be able to access much of it unless they were a > creator/trader of the stuff. Such a person would be trying to be > low-key about it out of fear for themselves, not posting in this list > and seeming to admit to having been tracking that content. So -
 - not > a match, for whatever reason. Interesting point. In many, if not most, countries the very act ofaccessing such material is illegal. Yet, McCarron, in his post of 25June, admitted on this public email list that he now had difficultyaccessing "the more serious categories, such as child porn andviolent sexual material". That strikes me as stupid. Certainly it is not "low key" as you say. Mick  ---------------------------------------------------------------------  Mick Morgan gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312 http://baldric.net --------------------------------------------------------------------- -- tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx unsubscribe or change other settings go tohttps://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-talk                           -- tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx unsubscribe or change other settings go tohttps://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-talk