Re: [tor-talk] Improved sharing of .onion links on Facebook!

Well, my account "blocked" means that they asked me an official DOCUMENT! As Photoshop is a good friend, no problem, but...

Something else we tested on FB: They quite often ask people to "upload a photo" (of them), until what the account is blocked. We noticed that:

If we send a picture picked up on FB profiles (other persons so, even from other countries etc), it is always declined and the account IS locked for good.

If we send the same picture but with modifications (photoshop again), it is generally accepted and the account is unlocked.

It seems, so, that FB is comparing the submitted photo with the photos that have already been uploaded. MD5 has or more probably something more sophisticated...

Considering this and the FB reputation about privacy violations, I even suspect that they are making lists of people using TOR! In short, better connect from a public place with a spoofed MAC address ;)