Re: Can't start Tor under Debian

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:21:02PM +1000, Seehow Youare wrote:
> To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: Seehow Youare <seehowyouare@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Can't start Tor under Debian
>

> >  /var/lib/tor is not owned by this UID
>
> >> why don't you simply
> >> $ chown 113:110 /var/lib/tor
>
> Shazaam ! it worked ...thank you. I get a message in the logs warning

glad i could help.  (of course it still seems somewhat is wrong if the
package created the directory with different ownerships, and then
complained about it later on.  but you have a quick fix now.)

> that my application is leaking DNS requests (or something similar).
> I'll Google a bit and read up and see if I can solve this.

your answer is probably here:

http://wiki.noreply.org/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#head-22fc593265f361d294908a7708c02b79e9c03c45

this is also where you can add the stuff you learned here:

http://wiki.noreply.org/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ

cheers,
matthias