[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: torcp problem
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: torcp problem
- From: Ashton Vaz <ashton.vaz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:06:07 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:06:11 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:user-agent:x-accept-language:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=f5hMBEpgOVmp2T117DNAdKziB32BO0FYYwPn2j/m1fmtkj/vNf7cu+iCA56/7u8ND/K4uu0PcRegpvswANJj6EENvozgFoQjOWwsYgnTQhF3TYq+2wyO27cHiK6wC8LAVVgCd8jFVK3QqjxYJlnOqE7Mizdp8pmV04tCLN1WYcw=
- In-reply-to: <20060303004909.YFTU17690.fed1rmmtao04.cox.net@hal>
- References: <20060303004909.YFTU17690.fed1rmmtao04.cox.net@hal>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.6 (Windows/20050716)
You've misunderstood and I should have been more clear.
I sent the email as I assumed that you might have changed the Control
Port as well as the ORPort (which is what I had done when I manually
edited the torrc file). Assuming that you changed the ControlPort you'd
have to change it in both the GUI & the torrc file. If you *didn't*
initially change the control port through the torrc file, leave TorCP at
its default value (i.e. ignore my initial recommendation).
The ORPort, DirPort & Control Port are all different settings and not
directly related to each other. The Control Port is used by TorCP to
: If you change the control port in the torrc file, you also
:have to change it in the TorCP GUI. Then restart TorCP.
So the "ORPort" in torrc and the "Control Port" in the GUI should be the
same port? I set them both to 7001, restarted--the onion had a red/white
check on it for a sec, then it went back to an onion with no check. I
tested the browser and no connection. Or did I misunderstand?