Noobie Configuration Questions

Hey guys...

I have some noobie questions if anyone has time.

When I visit showmyip.com it recognizes that I am using Tor ALTHOUGH the information regarding my internet browser, operating system and type of computer I use is still accurate. Am I doing something wrong or is that unavoidable?
(I am using Firefox 2.0.0.2 with Torbutton 1.0.4 and Privoxy 3.0.6)

The article below makes it seem like I don't need privoxy. Is this true.... recommended?

Torifying Firefox versions prior to 1.5 requires Privoxy in order to stop the so-called "DNS leak" -- i.e., DNS requests could not be directed to go through the SOCKS proxy like other protocols. Firefox 1.5 and later adds a proxy setting for DNS, thus eliminating the dependency on Privoxy. The Torbutton home page indicates that the next release will handle additional configurations.

http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/04/26/218227&tid=19&tid=144&tid=130&tid=78
If I should still use Privoxy, is there a configuration which provides the best anonymity? Should I adjust the predefined Actions (cautious, medium, advanced), try to find someone to give me the best custom configuration, or just leave it alone?
Finally, when I look at the Torbutton preferences in the add ons folder of Firefox, the use Privoxy button is checked instead of Use custom proxy settings. The greyed out fields for Use custom proxy settings are as follows:
HTTP Proxy: localhost Port:8118
SSL Proxy: localhost Port:8118
FTP Proxy: Port:0
Gopher Proxy: Port:0
SOCKS Host: localhost Port:8118

After I am connected and a page loads properly I go to Firefox-preferences-advanced-network tab-connection the Manual proxy configuration is selected with settings as followed:
HTTP Proxy: localhost Port:8118
(unchecked) Use this proxy server for all protocols
SSL Proxy: localhost Port:8118
FTP Proxy: Port:0
Gopher Proxy: Port:0
SOCKS Host: localhost Port:8118
(checked) SOCKSv5
No Proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1

Is the Privoxy button working properly? Are those the right settings? I had read that although it will not work, I should fill in the FTP Proxy with the same info as SSL Proxy or HTTP Proxy. Is this correct? If so, do I change that in the Torbutton preferences?

Thanks for the time and for putting up with my lack of knowledge on the subject!

Jay