Re: Warnings on the download page

I've been watching this thread with some interest and as the Talk of
mis-onfigured browsers and mis-behaving plug-ins grew I found myself
thinking that there must be an easier way to fix the problem. It occured
to me that what is needed (at least until a more permenant solution can
be found) is a way to stop the offending material from making it to a
potentially misconfigured application.

  So I started thinking about another proxy in the chain to strip all
java and java script etc.. it then occured to me that Privoxy can most
likely do this if a much more strict action file were written.

so my questions are:

  1 - Can a modified actions file be made that would strip all
Java/javascript, flash, steaming media, etc. From looking at the Privoxy
documentation it looks possible so far (but I'm no privoxy guru)

  2 - If 1 is possible wouldn't it be easiest to include the stricter
action file in the tor/privoxy/vidalia bundle. Tell people "look, a lot
of stuff isn't going to fly.. but trust us.. you don't want it too"

Just wondering....
Freemor

------

Freemor <freemor@xxxxxxxx>
Freemor <freemor@xxxxxxxxxx>

This e-mail has been digitally signed with GnuPG