Re: Warnings on the download page

--- Freemor <freemor@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> so my questions are:
>
>   1 - Can a modified actions file be made that
> would strip all Java/javascript, flash, steaming
> media, etc. From looking at the Privoxy
> documentation it looks possible so far (but I'm no
> privoxy guru)

(Note: Mr. Keil is the authority on Privoxy in this
list so he may have better information.)

Privoxy doesn't filter HTTPS and IMO that makes
Privoxy a non-starter in regards to filtering.

IMO all filtering, User-Agent spoofing, etc should be
handled by the browser (about:config is your friend)
because the HTTP/S protocol is filtered.

The 'warning' intro Mr. Perry and Mr. Dingledine wrote
should be followed.
http://tor.eff.org/download.html.en#Warning

These are the extensions I use:
TorButton
CookiesCuller
QuickJava
NoScript
Flashblock
AdBlockPlus
Filterset G. Updater
RefControl (spoof referrer)
http://www.stardrifter.org/refcontrol/

I have my about:config edited to spoof my User-Agent

Cheers,

Get your own web address.