[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ultimate solution
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Ultimate solution
- From: sy16 <sy_c16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:03:08 +0000 (GMT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 04:03:18 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=QFEbTB4gW6TWjv6kj6g4u8IHPl5+4FbPOub+pgeIbft8/x/7mMIq+rrdSPJ0Pkrri+OkGEZbb7if/6c4YsWOV994GaklMaTuHxD9WlebCUhhruhytesev7mTkTSLsCAPNhsYWgwCmKFei/o/AD80ucdSfMpDlQaUtTqgcVrSKjM=;
- In-reply-to: <1174711815.6610.33.camel@localhost>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Mr phobos, I know just enough to enable loggin,
and I can see there is something called UPNP disabled.
Right. But I didn't do it. Where is it, and should I
turn it on?
I am told that my router is a firewall. There are also
Windows' own firewall and other commercial 'total
protection suites'. I know what gnats are but not what
a NAT is. And please, how do I 'punch a hole' in any
I did use Vidalia. No success in my log. For my Linux
box, lotsa handshakes, onion skins, 3 cells, 6 cells,
a child wants to read, another wants to write, more
handshakes, then warning failure orport not reachable.
OT, I have a linux box because I am so fed up with
being hacked and remote-administered, and Debian said
nothing could be installed without my root password -
I hope I understood this much correctly?
Trying to help case by case will likely take up an
unacceptable amount of the developers' time.
Efficiency lies in standardisation and mass
production. So Mr Freemor, I concur with you on the
need for user education. I absolutely agree with Mr
del Vacchio about making the process as painless as
The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html