Re: Data Retention Law Violates German Constitution

On 02.03.2010 15:27, Robert Marquardt wrote:
We should not forget that the court did not forbid the storage of
data but rather criticised the specific legislation. It did not
challenge the 2006 EU directive thats the basis of the law.

The only way to get rid of the data retention laws across europe is
that the european union repeal the directive.

It's still a great success. A new law based on the very strict limitations of the court would be so much better than what we had until now, if they are able to implement it at all. And it triggered a new dynamic on this topic, so we can even hope, that the data retention will be canceled in general on EU level.

Sven