Re: New ban of tor-exit-nodes -IPs by the LiveJournal

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM, James Brown <jbrownfirst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Many IP-addresses of exit-nodes of the Tor was banned from access to the
> LJ today.
> We have the next information when trying to connect with it:
> "You've been temporarily banned from accessing LiveJournal, perhaps
> because you were hitting the site too quickly. Please make sure that
> you're following our Bot Policy <http://www.livejournal.com/bots/>. If
> you have questions, contact us at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
> following information: CMTGP7urjSahlts @ xx.xx.xx.xx

As has been mentioned previously by the likes of Jacob Applebaum and
others on this list, the Tor community has a good working relationship
with LiveJournal, and they, as much as anyone, want to re-enable
access from Tor, but also have to deal with abuse from the system. I
expect that LJ will have access restored in a reasonable time, and you
can always email their webmaster for more information.

> I think that it is a new, latent method to restrict access to the LJ
> through the Tor which certainly established by order of Putin's and
> Medvedev's junta gived to the "SUP".

I'd be careful blindly pointing accusations of association around.
These types of statements of opinion don't serve to endear the Tor
community to anyone, much less to those services that welcome the use
of Tor.

--
Marcus Griep
ââ