Re: [tor-talk] torrc consistency

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM,  <bertagaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 07:00:50PM +0100, Moritz Bartl wrote:
>> Hi,

>> > That's why taking care of comments has some interests too, keeping user
>> > additional comments.
>>
>> Keep every line starting with # untouched, allow to modify the settings,
>> always read config from torrc. What is so wrong about that? How would
>> you know the format of comments, or if a user prefers to keep them above
>> or below the settings?
>
> Sure, but some are also at the end of the line, right after the config option.
> What if the user decide to do the same, cause he/she saw some were already
> done like this?
>
> bert.

Bert,

It sounds like to me that what ever your default is for .txt maybe
wrong. If you open with notepad, it probably will be different than
word pad in the formatting. I suspect also if you are using something
else different, the format is probably different from the torrc file
format. In either case, you can go into the file and make the
corrections manually, and they should then stay.

At least it did for me when it had the wrong format. I just change and
put the # at the front of the lines. It's a matter of adjusting the
format.

Jon