Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Question - Not saving settings

Moritz Bartl:

<snip>

> (that you know none of the core Tor people is comfortable with, due
> to reasons summarized elsewhere).

See:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-August/025197.html

> Please let him know that it would be much better to have him join
> the ("real") Tor Browser development team, and submit patches for
> it, instead of basically duplicating work *and* have something
> that separates user bases, which is bad for the anonymity of
> everyone. el

This assumes that a contributor likes upstream's decisions and that
patches get merged (in time).

In general, I would be quite happy if there where an alternative well
designed and maintained alternative to the browser developed by The
Tor Project.

Not that I like this particular torbrowser.sourceforge.net project, as
said in my previous mail.

If I remember correctly, Roger or Jacob said in 29C3: The Tor software
ecosystem (EN) [1], "they'd be happy if they wouldn't have to maintain
a browser".

Just saying, not to put off prospective people who want to create an
alternative Tor-safe browser.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG2-ci95h78