Re: [tor-talk] Unseen.is login page blocked in TBB

On 3/3/2014 2:05 AM, Georg Koppen wrote:
Joe Btfsplk:
On https://Unseen.is, the page(s) that would normally come after
entering user name & PW is blocked.
This might be https://bugs.torproject.org/10569

Could you test whether the workaround given there helps?

Georg

Thanks. I'm not sure how much workaround unchecking "always use private browsing" is - but it didn't make any difference with https://unseen.is. Even when whitelisted in NoScript; cookies being allowed & not using private browsing in TBB. Further, guessing ?? after some recent change the site made, now that URL / page won't display in TBB 3.5.2 - at all. Just see the blank page w/ a throbber / star.

But, another address CAN be accessed & log in to an acct, using TBB: https://mail.unseen.is/webmail/. Even WITH private browsing mode enabled. Unclear to me the exact reason one address fails & other succeeds - I'm sure there is one.
Not sure of all code differences of the 2 addresses.

I see https://unseen.is has one tracker, where https://mail.unseen.is/webmail/ doesn't show any. But *blocking* that tracker in *regular Fx* doesn't prevent correctly loading https://unseen.is, or logging into an acct from it. The issue in TBB doesn't seem only related to javascript, NoScript, private browsing. Of course, you're going to have to enable cookies (at least for that site) to login.

Cookies (session or temp) - per site, can be allowed in TBB thru a cookie manager, like CookieMonster.
Even w/ "Private Browsing" still enabled.
I'm not saying it's the best choice, just as a test, it makes an acct accessible via TBB w/o disabling other private browsing function.