Re: [tor-talk] How was the user agent decided?

Tor Browser uses the "extended support release" (ESR) of Firefox. ESR
is designed mainly for organizations that need to deploy Firefox and
have a focus on stability.

The reason I believe Tor Browser is based on the ESR build is that it
is updated less often, allowing more time for adding privacy-enhancing
features. This also means that such features break less often.

Of course, security updates are pushed to the ESR branch as soon as
they come out on "normal" Firefox, so there is no added security risk.

As for the user-agent, I'm assuming Windows was chosen because that's
what 90%+ of PC's are running.

--
poly
@0xPoly