Re: [tor-talk] exit probability 0.0000%

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:49:59PM +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If the graphs at atlas show that my exit probability is 0.0000%, does
> that mean that zero traffic will use my box as exit node?
> Or could seldomly some traffic exit here?

From dir-spec.txt [1]:

"A router is called an 'Exit' iff it allows exits to at
least two of the ports 80, 443, and 6667 and allows exits to at
least one /8 address space."

So that means that your relay gets Exit flag (and thus exit probability)
only if it's able to exit as described above. Though if your realy (OR)
can exit (ExitPolicy is not set to `reject *:*`) and has no Exit flag
there may be some non-standard actors that can use your relay to exit.

tl;dr ExitPolicy == exit traffic allowed, Exit flag == (confoming) clients
can use your exit.

[1] https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt
--
Ivan Markin