security problems using Tor?

During the past week or so, I have been experiencing a large number of connection failures: Privoxy reports a 503 error (unable to establish connection with 127.0.0.1). I sometimes have to try the connection several times before it is reestablished. Previously, I had experienced such errors VERY rarely.

Also, on one occasion while web browsing, I was confronted with a page I had not selected, at a URL I recognized, but which was not listed
anywhere on my workstation. I have to assume some kind of insertion.

Has anyone else experienced one or both of these phenomena?

This brings up the question of how secure the current Tor network is. What can an experienced cracker do with knowledge of one\'s net address
and the knowledge that one is using Tor?

Clifnor
-----
MailFreeOnline.com, your solution to be anonymous!