Re: bw_accounting and mirroring dir

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 02:01:56AM +0300, M wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using perl script and rrdtool to draw some statistics about exit nodes
> traffic. The script reads /var/lib/tor/bw_accounting.

Probably a bad idea; that file is deprecated in 0.1.2.x and later in
favor of the state file.

> I need to specify AccountingMax and AccountingStart in torrc to get any
> data to bw_accounting, right? AccountingStart is month 1 00:01 and
> AccountingMax is 5000 GB (so it wont reach it).
>
> The problem is that I would like to mirror the directory to others but Tor
> does not announce dirport when AccountingMax is specified.

Hm.  I suppose we could tweak the check in
decide_to_advertise_dirport() to be a little more subtle.  Roger, any
thoughts on that?

Alternatively, if you're feeling hackish, you could just edit the code
in decide_to_advertise_dirport and make it do what you want.

> Any way to resolve this?

I'm not sure what you're trying to measure here.  You can get
information about ongoing bandwidth usage by connecting to the control
port and asking for BW events, but that's a little trickier.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson