Re: nighteffect.us gone

For redundancy I have set up another script at
http://torstatus.kgprog.com/

It is load balanced with Squid, so if there are problems with any of
IPs of the clients it could be that I configured it incorrectly, but
it seemed to work with my limited tests.

I think that a central repository should be built (is there one
already at the wiki?) which lists the different status servers so that
we do not run into a problem where one disappears and there is no
clear way to determine if any others exist.

I also modified the footer to remove the NightEffect.us, but I am
keeping the (c) statement with Joe's consent.

Let me know if there are any other problems.

And Olaf, I believe that we should set up an opensource project for
this so that changes will not be made downstream.  Let me know what
you think.

Kasimir

On 5/19/07, Olaf Selke <olaf.selke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some Guy wrote:

> It's Joe Kowalski. I saw this thread and saw that there was some concern
> about me, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I am fine. Nothing
> 'bad' happened to me. Taking down the site was intentional, and my
> reasons are varied and personal.

last night I did the trick
http://anonymizer.blutmagie.de:2505/

Besides the broken links to nighteffect.us on the bottom of the page it
looks like it's working fine. Pls drop me a note there's still something
wrong with this implementation of Joe's php scripts. Since port 80/tcp
is already used by the tor application's DirPort, I'll need second ip
address for this machine in order to have the Apache process listen at
port 80. Maybe next week...

regards, Olaf

--
Kasimir Gabert