Re: lots of DMCA request's... (1/day)

On May 15, 2008, at 6:56 PM, tara@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi everyone, I run an exit node (nickname: swopusa), and now I'm averaging 1 DMCA request per day for TV shows, movies and the like, from paramount, NBC universal, etc.

I do BW limiting @ 100k/sec -- 2GB/day. Otherwise it's the default configuration.

I'm really not all that smart about tor, I've never even used it as a client. I don't mind occasional DMCA requests but 1 a day is starting to piss off my ISP (linode.com) and frustrate me.

For what it is worth, here is Linode's position on running an exit node:

http://www.linode.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3082