Re: [tor-talk] How to Control middle Nodes?

On 31/05/12 16:29, Maimun Rizal wrote:

> My test, based on windows, so for VoIP clients I use Phonerlite, it use
> UDP. because of TOR is TCP based, I will use openvpn to transferring udp
> packet through TOR network.
> Caller and Callee know each other. so this concept will anonymous to
> third party only.
> I will use tor network only without hidden services.
>
> I have make calling test with default tor configuration, from 10 calling
> test, I got 2 calling test with latency less than 400 ms. so, in my
> mind, there is possibility to transfer voice packets through tor network.
> in this test, I need tor bandwidth constantly about 30-34 kbps. and
> then, I configure Entry and Exit Nodes with high bandwidth. I did
> calling test for this configuration. but did not calculate yet the result.
>
> for Entry and Exit Nodes, we can configure in torrc files,
> we can use "EntryNodes $fingerprint,$fingerprint,$..." for specific
> entry nodes and "ExitNodes $fingerprint,$fingerprint,..." for specific
> exit nodes. but for middle nodes, I don't know how to set it up.
> Reducing latency in this case, I should configure all nodes
> (entry,middle,exit) in same Continent and try to find nodes with high
> bandwidth and low user. to connect openvpn and tor i use privoxy as
> socks5 proxy.
>
> in windows, is there TorCtl file?

You may get better results by dropping the middle nodes altogether and
just using two hop circuits. Depends on your anonymity requirements.
Here's an old blog post I wrote to explain how to do it:

https://grepular.com/Tor_Circuits_with_Two_Hops_on_Ubuntu

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F