From: Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx>
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Tor's reputation problem with pedo,
 some easy steps the community could take

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 01:32:59PM -0400, Chris Patti wrote:
> As a newcomer to Tor, as I explored the various onions out there, I felt as
> if practically everywhere I turned there were links taking me to pedo
> sites, IRC channels etc.

Hi Chris,

I agree with you. Part of what we have done a poor job communicating
is that hidden services are a tiny fraction of overall Tor use. The
wikipedia article on Tor is mostly written by hidden service enthusiasts
(as far as I can tell), which further misleads people.