Re: [tor-talk] Satori (this crazy app thing I've been working on)

Patrick Schleizer wrote:
terrific project! Especially the integrated hash verification is a big
security gain!

Is a port to firefox planned?

Do you take project suggestions?

I'd be interested to see Whonix added.

Thanks! ^_^ A firefox port is not planned for various reasons, but I'm looking into an Android app. An activist approached me some time ago after their network was having issues getting backdoored Firefox extensions, which is what led to Satori's development. There's less to lose for a censor by tampering with FF extensions in-transit than MITMing all connections to Google's distribution networks.

Large projects like Whonix and Tails won't be added just due to their shear size. SSL is throttled pretty heavily in certain locales, so it seems likely that the request would time out for those who need it most.

Having said that, I do take project suggestions, feature requests, and github issues :D

best,
Griffin