Re: [tor-talk] fwd: FBI Is Pushing Back Against Judge's Order to Reveal Tor Browser Exploit

On 5/19/16, Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> bad ideas.  It just struck me as odd that this topic was one of very few
> when most tor-talk subscribers decided to adhere to communication
> silence.

That's potentially inflammatory. I have not chosen to "adhere to
communication silence", I just raised some considerations, well, for
your consideration.

If you have some ideas, legal or technical or otherwise, feel free to
kick off a thread.

One of the problems here is people expecting other people, that is,
someone -other- than themselves, to have specific discussions on
particular matters in a particularly public way.

You can demand that other people perform to your expectations all you
like. But perhaps consider leading by example.

And if you have nothing significant to contribute, then perhaps ask if
you're just wanting to be entertained?

If you have some great legal insight for example, I suggest to you to
consider whether to plaster that across a public mailing list, or
whether to discretely contact those who can make use of it,
potentially to ambush the other side (in this case the FBI/ CIA/ US
govt).

Because frankly, we "little folk" need every bit of advantage we can
possibly get - unless you can personally pony up for some serious
dollar$, we certainly don't have money on our side!!