[tor-talk] Explain yourself Conrad Rockenhaus

> i dont want to see posts rather than Tor or Tor related technical things.
i dont want to see trolls or military or whatever, but if im told to choose
one then i will choose trolls over military. but good thing its decided
already to be Tor things list.

Conrad is a Tor Exit Relay Operator and has contributed numerous hours
bandwidth and money to the Tor Project. He retired from the Navy back in
2015. Why do you even care about his military experience bo0od? It's not
germane to the Tor project at all especially since he's not even in the
military anymore.

The fact is Conrad is being censored and can't respond to his trolling or
harassment because he wanted to offer his free exit services again and he
wrote an excellent response why that he forwarded out to several people
since he couldn't respond to list directly I think the bottom part mainly
applies on why he's being censored in this case:

Quoting his email:

In the end, here's what I think is going on.

Several newbies started using GreyPony. Everything was fine, in fact,
there was support for it on the mailing list until they started
bragging about speeds in excess of 1 Gbit/s. Then the following things
occurred (and if you look back at the mailing list history, you can
see this):

1. There were complaints that said newbies were lying about their exit
relay speeds, even though speeds are measured by the bwauths, so user
reported speed really doesn't matter anymore, so this wasn't a valid
complaint.
2. There were complaints that the relays should all be in the same
MyFamily, even though we don't expect relays hosted on OVH, Hetzner,
etc. to be reported on the same MyFamily, after all, I didn't have
access to any of these relays, so this wasn't a valid complaint, as I
was just hosting the relays.
3. Excess traffic was being generated about GreyPony, which Teor asked
everyone to stop bringing up GreyPony until October because of all of
it. This was a valid complaint. Due to all of the newbie bragging and
honestly, because I was proud of the fact that I was helping out
several people, I let myself get out of hand and replied to the emails
as well, so I understood and cooled it.

Now, again, I wind up back in the hospital, things go a little south
for the project because I'm not around, but I come back and the
project is ready to start again. Now GreyPony is back to the way that
we originally intended it to be - a donation only project to provide
FreeBSD/HardenedBSD exits to Tor. Most of the same guys that were
running relays with the original one want to come back to the new one,
plus some new people.

I'm sorry that people wanting to help the Tor network by providing
high performance FreeBSD Exit Relays angers you and some other of your
fellow travellers so much. If it makes you happy, the project will go
on with or with out your support.