Offtopic - when to use BitTorrent (was Torpark Mirroring)

On 11/14/05, Eugen Leitl <eugen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 04:26:34PM -0600, Arrakistor wrote:
> > I don't know if the demand of it is that high, but possibly.
> >
> > Secondly, I keep updating, which is counter intuitive for seeding.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> At 7 GBytes/day, with multiple mirrors you don't need BitTorrent
> yet.
>
> --
> Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a>

Isn't anything which has mirrors a good candidate for BitTorrent?
BitTorrent essentially just decreases the cost of being a mirror.

(I guess BitTorrent doesn't handle a site with lots of small files
well yet, but for a site with just a few large files I'd say there's
not really a time *not* to use it.)