[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Offtopic - when to use BitTorrent (was Torpark Mirroring)
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Offtopic - when to use BitTorrent (was Torpark Mirroring)
- From: Anthony DiPierro <or@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:15:02 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:15:05 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=ONB+8uC/z4CjBr3ICtHeh8yUUodkwuGofG1dTbnor793N29ceHXfWnYPGYHgBjHGpRLnA0NOf9/+jwUIDiTN0mWxVpb6qeiyPd8rBUZjpHjXW0yGOrNTryOQ2N+FRFAhfpm7LxWCSh/LFoOELd2bGnVercA+xGmD2TtEf236Gg8=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/14/05, Eugen Leitl <eugen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 04:26:34PM -0600, Arrakistor wrote:
> > I don't know if the demand of it is that high, but possibly.
> > Secondly, I keep updating, which is counter intuitive for seeding.
> > Thoughts?
> At 7 GBytes/day, with multiple mirrors you don't need BitTorrent
> Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a>
Isn't anything which has mirrors a good candidate for BitTorrent?
BitTorrent essentially just decreases the cost of being a mirror.
(I guess BitTorrent doesn't handle a site with lots of small files
well yet, but for a site with just a few large files I'd say there's
not really a time *not* to use it.)