Re: still slow browsing

On Nov 12, 2006, at 16:44:41, gabrix wrote:

I have already written about this but now it's red light ... i badly
want to keep my tor node otherways i would have already removed the tor
server but i cannot get on like this.I recently also had from my isp a
bandwidth upgrade to 2MB(they say ... it's TIM!)and i still suffer of
slow browsing .I also just using the or port and commented the dir port
and added this in my /etc/tor/torrc

BandwidthRate 20KB
BandwidthBurst 20KB

The minimum possible , isn't? I'm actually trying this guide

http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/CronBandwidthLimit

And i'm going to wait for a minimal iptables script that is going to
deal with this problem .Yes you got it! i'm waiting this script from you
, it's 2 mounthes i'm trying out but i don't know how to do it properly
and you saw my previous posts i tryied it.Sorry guys i hope you
collaborate otherways i will be forced to close the node ... i don't
want to but help help help !

Something you may want to try (and others please let me know if this is really bad for the network) is disabling the DirPort. If I recall, directory serving isn't counted in the bandwidth limits, and I found commenting out the DirPort line helped a lot with bandwidth use.

/jgt
--
http://tamboli.cx/
PGP Key ID: 0x7F2AC862B511029F