[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: New PortableTor
- From: Silivrenion <silivrenion@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 01:00:03 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 01:00:12 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=kUGSJqwaSrtBm0mUDXyya4anMoMkwimJFURNJFKqb1w=; b=BlJL7tQX2U9yzYvE5rni1KvNZZdhH1ICAuB5owKyqTLs/lGSjafueqnGLcwFHKvQ+fobvPeSm1j2272uLGvBjymFRHBqRI35R0wIdwmqdv7vbFrGuRHOcoIDk8bHV3J0AaBPLSpLV+sMDdhOeqx44OGFHRWORwuTEtsstkwFm1E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=Wfmqua86Pg29HLPN8GM5ZUKY6AVaD8voIbE9HkvLbVbEqqlWDL+Sdyxye1qPP91wOqjuhtgETef1wWa27Vp7lj3lO7MEYSibNJcNITh67fuTYkz1zjpRTTRaH88zs706Zf0QWZnMO1ouBPgz1pjgz7j+MbaZSJUNFTnnaAZs8aM=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
PortableTor is a rebundled version of the Vidalia-Privoxy bundle that comes out on the torproject.org
website. This project was created in order to allow the end user full
functionality, optimal disk space, and easy adaptation of portable
applications with the Tor network. It can run on a flash drive, a
desktop, external drive, iPod, and if modified, even on a solid medium,
such as a CD.
A new version of PortableTor has been released (and is
released every stable update.) based on 0.1.2.18a-0.0.4 Vidalia and
Privoxy bundle. There's been a few changes in this version that are
significant on the PortableTor end:
* Reformatted directory structure to the PortableApps Format.
This means breaking down all directories into categories based on what
they are, instead of what bundles they were in. All config files are in
one place, all programs in one place, and all documentation in one
* Thanks to the fix in bug 499, AvoidDiskWrites 1 doesn't leave a remnant behind in the temporary files anymore.
* Made Tor start automatically by default. I assume if someone opens PortableTor, they want to join the network.
If you're interested in getting PortableTor, head over to http://portabletor.sf.net
. There you will find the main project goals, download links,
recommended additions and usages, as well as support forums and
discussion topics. Criticism and feedback are welcome on the
Sourceforge forums! Any direct questions can be made to Silivrenion at silivrenion@xxxxxxxxx .
some work being done on making the launcher smarter to be able to
regenerate missing sections of the package. Also using the PortableTor
gateway on solid storage devices by default, e.g. giving a friend a
PortableTor/PortableFirefox CD for a stocking stuffer.