Re: Any plans to fix tor for OpenDNS?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Praedor Atrebates <praedor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not until you just asked.  I have no idea what is involved in running one,
> having never configured/setup one before.  Would it consume lots of harddrive
> realestate?  Consume lots of swap or RAM?

It depends on your configuration and the scale of your network.  I run
them on both my home network and my vps with no issue.  On my home
network I run Bind (because I also use dhcp updates to serve a couple
zones).  It's trivial to configure for caching lookup.  It's a bit
heavy on resources (comparatively), but is very powerful, and on a
small network will run fine on any old hardware.

On my vps, where memory is precious, I run pdns_recursor.  It's
exceptionally light on resources and still performs very well as a
caching resolver.  There's almost no configuration required.