Re: all traffic through a VPN on top of tor, done!

Thanks for the help. I actually have a VPN running on top of tor now!

The script I use is shaping up nicely and I can share it here, if there
is interest. It also supports direct connections and http proxy instead
of tor. I use it for all my VPN needs.

The use case for tor under the vpn is when you are on a hostile LAN
(your neighbor wireless :-D )
The lan administrator can't see where you are connecting to or what you
are doing there, while the exit node just knows it's ssh.
I use it to create a VPN with my home server so that I can use the
internet as if I was at my house.

The only problem I am facing is the lack of speed. Can something be done
about it? I was thinking to reduce the circuit lenght, but it seems
there is no option for that. Any suggestion is welcome.

PS: I don't know yet if it will work for hours...