Re: 3 Hops

 Now, what about exiting Hidden Services and then exiting the internet
connection? Are those in 3's and is there way to exit the internet that is safe
and a way that isn't recommended?
> Always wondered about that. Once backing out of the Tor network, what is
revealed? Is my real IP address now in the clear or simply clear for anyone to
see? I shut down Vidalia, exit and everything goes away.

I don't understand this part of the question.

--Roger
Sorry. I was wondering if when leaving the internet (closing out the browser), is there one way that is safer to do this, meaning not revealing information about oneself, as opposed to other ways. Maybe precautions to take? I assumed that if I connect to the internet using Tor then I am "somewhat" anonymous in that my IP address shows one that isn't mine and shows it to be in a different country altogether. But when I shut down the browser or turn Tor/Vidalia off there is a sudden and complete shut down or them. Does this mean there isn't an address left hanging out there in the internet somewhere? Sorry I am not more computer literate and concise with my language. I keep reading but it just doesn't like to stick, unlike my waist.

Something must show the router address shutting off, yes?

I hope this was a bit more clear.