Re: [tor-talk] "Hidden Services" vs "Onion services"

"I" wrote:
> Katya, and all,
>
> SOOOOooooo why don't we use sensible, plain language and stick to it
> to distuingish ourselves from them?

This article (German) has just been published which is quite
dispassionate and factual, avoiding hype. This is the type of
explanation and coverage that (I think) Tor needs.

https://www.cypherpunk.at/2014/11/darknets-fur-dummies/

But using different language to that of the media? Different to the
language in common use? No, we need to influence the media and change
their words, or at least have them redefine the ones they're using now.

> Hacker wouldn't have the currency it has if a large part of the
> pudgy, pizza-eating photophobes didn't perpetuate it for dramatic
> self-interest.

I really don't think comments like this help the situation.

--
kat