Re: [tor-talk] MITM attack on TLS

Justin:
> Because decrypting all traffic at the gateway slows down the
> Internet, so heâs going to have to decide what to decrypt.

Not much. I'm pretty sure that lag would not be even perceptible. When
I'm using Tor my traffic encrypts so many times... I haven't noticed any
significant visible slowdown.
Ciphers are pretty fast now. AES is even in hardware [see AES-NI].

> My threat model assumes that Meek-Google will be broken.  It also
> assumes that the Amazon and Azure versions may be broken.  Should
> they all be broken, I will switch to another transport.

If TLS is broken via CA cert then it's broken (no matter which).

--
Ivan Markin