Re: "Waiting for circuit"-problem (newbie)

Buchenstab <buchenstab@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the meantime I've tried to solve my Privoxy problem- I suppose it's
> part of the whole problem- but without success. Firefox says: "505;
> This is Privoxy 3.0.6 on localhost (127.0.0.1), port 8118, enabled"
> and "Connect failed. Your request for
> http://de.start2.mozilla.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:de:official
> could not be fulfilled, because the connection to de.start2.mozilla.com
> (127.0.0.1) could not be established. " Privoxy starts automatically, so
> it RUNS. But I can't get a connection outwards. I tried to find answers
> on the Privoxy websites on this, but I've done all I have to do for the
> installation; also if I change the netconnection as requested from
> Privoxy to 127.0.0.1 and 8118 manually for e.g. Safari, it brings the
> same information. I can't find anything else I HAVE to do, to get it
> work.

Did you already follow the steps mentioned in the FAQ?
http://www.privoxy.org/faq/misc.html#TOR

Using a more recent Privoxy version wouldn't hurt either.

While I think this is a Tor-related problem, newer Privoxy
versions have more descriptive error messages (especially
if you use forward-socks5 instead of forward-socks4a),
which should make debugging this easier:
http://www.fabiankeil.de/blog-surrogat/2008/08/17/privoxy-3.0.10.html

Fabian