Re: [tor-talk] best distro to use Tor

Thank you all!!!

And I was just thinking to "change to Linux....", this was a good surprise; I`ll try to do my best with the info you gave,

Keep up the good work,

Gerardo

On 08/10/2013 15:43, Luther Blissett wrote:
On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 23:43 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 11:59:42AM -0700, Blibbet wrote:

BTW, UEFI-based systems have a full IPv4/IPV6 network stack, with
PXE remote boot and WS-Management remote admin/control, and tools
like Perl and Telnet baked-in, so make sure your firmware isn't
spewing packets before Linux and Tor loads. :-)
We need more open hardware with less proprietary crap and
nonobvious backdoors (IPMI, Intel AMT, UEFI, etc).

So if you're buying hardware for your Tor node, look
into coreboot support first http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards

Eventually, we will have completely open hardware we can trust.
But that day is not here yet. Meanwhile, let's minimize the amount
of evil in the system.
You reminded me of http://h-node.org, which is also a good place to take
a look at before any new hardware acquisitions.