[tor-talk] How does Tor help abuse victims?

I appear to lack imagination on how Tor helps abuse victims. Since some
of you are involved with some organizations working in that field, I
hope you give some insight.

Personally I see no benefit in using Tor from the point of view of an
abuse victim. Beside the properties why anyone could use Tor.

Quite the opposite, the abuser seems to gain more by using Tor, if
he/she (mostly he) is anonymous in the first place.

Thank you for anything I must be missing here.

Regards,
Sebastian G. bastik