Re: [tor-talk] Tor and macOS Sierra

Thanks, Flipchan! Nope, as far as I can see, I am not running anything else on that port...

http://tinypic.com/r/212d2xc/9

Still "could not connect to Tor control port"...

Any idea?

On 02/08/16 00:30, Flipchan wrote:
Maybe u are runnin something else on that port? Run netstat?

tortalk@xxxxxxxxxxxx skrev: (2 augusti 2016 00:28:17 CEST)
Hey all,

I am trying to report an issue with Tor Browser and, after consulting
the Tor Stack Exchange forum, this seems like the best place to do so.

I am but an irregular user of Tor but I like to have it at hand and
use it  from time to time. Up until recently, I would update
frequently and it  all worked smoothly. However, today is the first
time I try launching it  after upgrading to macOS Sierra and I am
bumping into an error for the  first time.

Instead of connecting like it used to, the "Tor Status" window stays
in place for a while and eventually delivers an error message saying
"Tor Launcher. Could not connect to Tor control port".

I upgraded to the most recent version of Tor Browser (the stable 6.0.2
and then experimental 6.5a1), created  an exception in my Firewall and
even deactivated said firewall for a bit,  but all to no avail. Is
this something someone else has bumped into?  Could it be connectivity
issues with Sierra itself? Some other functionality  that blocks
ports?

I hope this helps.

Best,

L.