[tor-talk] How to test that Alt-Svc is working for my Onion service?

Hi,

I just set up an Onion service for my homepage:

  http://ixrdj3iwwhkuau5tby5jh3a536a2rdhpbdbu6ldhng43r47kim7a3lid.onion/

I added an Onion-Location header on https://fmarier.org which points to the
above, but I also wanted to add an Alt-Svc header pointing to the HTTPS
version of it:

  https://ixrdj3iwwhkuau5tby5jh3a536a2rdhpbdbu6ldhng43r47kim7a3lid.onion/

so that TBB could opportunistically upgrade the connection.

However, I can't figure out how to test that the Alt-Svc header is working.
The Firefox devtools don't seem to show anything different and neither does
the the TBB circuit display
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/27590).

Testing https://perfectoid.space/test.php, it seems that support for
Alt-Svc is a little flaky.

Is there a good way to test it? Or is it deprecated and should I just
have the Onion-Location header and forget about Alt-Svc?

Francois

--
https://fmarier.org/