Re: confiscating middleman-tor-nodes

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 12:11:25PM +0200, Thomas Hluchnik wrote:
> Exactly this happened to me, too, yesterday. I am running a dedicated host by
> Strato, providing unused bandwith for tor (nickname baphomet) which is
> configured as a exit node.
>
> This host is unavail since 9:00 MEST yesterday. The guys at Strato gave me the
> phone number of a public prosecutor. I spoke with him, and though he wasnt
> allowed to tell me details by phone, we has some conversation. When I told
> him that I provide some bandwith for tor he knew about tor and told me that
> it is NOT FORBIDDEN in germany to do so.

Hi folks,

Looks like it was a pretty wide-scale event a few days ago. Since German
policy is at stake, I figure the best move is to let our German privacy
advocates deal with it. I think most German exit node operators are
coordinated already, but if you're involved or want to become involved,
you can contact Julius et al at anonymizer@xxxxxxx

(To my knowledge, no non-exit nodes were involved. Just exit nodes.)

Thanks,
--Roger