Re: Warning TorButton 1.1.7-alfa

     On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:10:28 +0200 Florian Reitmeir <florian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, force44@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I upgraded to 1.1.7-alfa yesterday and saw that it is really a crap :(
>maybe you didn't realize that this is release is _alpha_ quality?
>
>> I used to manage my cookies, javacsript and history, MYSELF. Now trobutton wants to do all by itself, and the result is that:
>>
>> 1- My history isn't cleared when I close Firefox, even when this option is selected in the Firefox options.
>>
>> 2- Some websites that use javascript do not work with Tor. It is possible that I TRUST the CONTENT of a website, including scripts, BUT I want to use TOR to hide my IP. With torbutton this is a real hassle now.
>>
>> Will try to go back to an older version if it is still available online :((((( Torbutton is a GREAT extension but WHY hell does the author want to care of all together??? Maybe he should also include Firefox in the extension, and why not, Windows or a unix distribution??? really BAD now :((((
>
>So all your above points are against:
>	- websites which use javascript
>	- firefox

     Read it again.  His complaint, basically, was that TorButton had removed
his option to choose the functioning of various aspects of his browser usage.

>Are there any On-Topic things so say about Tor?

     Last time I checked (a few hours ago now), TorButton was being distributed
as part of a bundle including tor and privoxy, as well, for the Defective OS.
Seems to me that discussion of bugs/misfeatures/whatever about software that
is distributed with tor from the tor web site is very much on topic for a tor
email discussion list.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG