Re: [tor-talk] using TOR without any browser

kamyar beigi writes:

> I need to anonymise (or even encrypt) every packet i send from my Linux Eth
> card for running any commands from Command Prompt (Terminal in Linux) for
> example: ping, telnet,nmap, wget, maltego, traceroute, etc. i want to hide
> my source IP (public one).

You're not going to be able to anonymize ping and traceroute over Tor,
because they use ICMP, and Tor only transports TCP (plus DNS requests).

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TransportIPnotTCP

See generally

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Internet_protocol_suite
or