Re: [tor-talk] Hidden Services

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM,  <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible? Yes. I've met some people who tell me they run a relay
> which records every hidden service descriptor. They don't tell me more
> than that.

Judging from the Rendezvous spec [1, ÂÂ1.3, 1.4, 1.6], a relay with an
HSDir flag (â40% relays at the moment) will eventually see all online
.onion descriptors (placed in âcached-descriptorsâ file?). If I read
the spec correctly, the mean time for a single HSDir relay to see a
given .onion descriptor is ((# of HSDir relays) / 6) hours, which is 8
days at present. So running a relay for a couple of months should
produce a nearly complete list of hidden service addresses, optionally
with some indicative access statistics [1, Â1.6].

[1] https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git?a=blob_plain;hb=HEAD;f=rend-spec.txt

--
Maxim Kammerer
Libertà Linux: http://dee.su/liberte