Re: [tor-talk] Why does tor open UDP ports?

On 06.09.2013 23:49, grarpamp wrote:
Check that tor config is set for only localhost 127.0.0.1 / ::1 (or
for that matter just use the default shipped config), restart,
watch the tor log and watch the traffic.

Maybe I should have added some information about my server. Oops! :-)

I'm running a relay-node on a dedicated Linux box (Debian Wheezy/64bit). Those two 'strange' UDP ports are opened on both the current stable version and the latest alpha version of Tor.

My server is running fine(*) even with those UDP ports firewalled off. So they cannot be essential - but I'm still curious about their purpose.

-Stephan

(*) Well - if the switch from stable to alpha stopped those crashes, that is. Time will tell ;-)