Re: [tor-talk] Comcast looking for Tor traffic, contacting customers to threaten termination of service.

> I really don't understand why you are particularly so upset with
> PinkMeth. People's information is being exploited all over, with and
> without tor. What about facebook, or gmail, or yahoo selling your
> information to advertisers? There can be very intimate info, textual
> or graphical, there. I am sure advertisers routinely get dumps with
> nudes included as parts of the customer profiles by well known
> companies under NDA. How is this better than PinkMeth? Is it because
> this is done in secret, and isn't obvious?

You sound like a troll but I'll feed you with something to think about
on the off-chance that you are actually serious.

a) Can you opt-out of Facebook, GMail and Yahoo?
b) Do you yourself have to take any active action to get on Facebook,
GMail and Yahoo?
c) Can you opt-out of PinkMeth?

There really is a huge difference. I do not have a Facebook account and
I only use GMail to ask idiots who send me e-mail from Hotmail for an
alternative address (since Hotmail has blocked my mailserver since
forever). This is my choice. I can not prevent people I know from
posting pictures of me on Facebook but if someone does that then it
will likely be posted under their real name and I can ask them to
remove it.

I would have to register a Facebook account to get on there, and that
would be my choice. If I post a picture of my ex-gf on PinkMeth then
that is NOT her choice and it is not that easy for her to remove it (or
even find out about it).

There is a big difference between sites abusing the data you give them
if you are stupid enough to give them any and sites where other people
post your data without your knowledge or concent.