Re: [tor-talk] Comcast looking for Tor traffic, contacting customers to threaten termination of service.

>    Give me a break.  These women are being exploited against their will.
> Taking something private and exposing it to the world as a whole is
> completely despicable.  It's unethical.  It's not comparable to
> pornography where consenting adults agree to make media and release it.

I really don't understand why you are particularly so upset with PinkMeth. People's information is being exploited all over, with and without tor. What about facebook, or gmail, or yahoo selling your information to advertisers? There can be very intimate info, textual or graphical, there. I am sure advertisers routinely get dumps with nudes included as parts of the customer profiles by well known companies under NDA. How is this better than PinkMeth? Is it because this is done in secret, and isn't obvious?

It is the nature of information that it changes domain once leaked, and this can't be reverted. The information originator should care about its protection. Maybe this is the problem of user literacy, but pictures taken with the modern cell phones aren't private. They usually are immediately uploaded to the cloud, where they are stored unencrypted, left to sysadmins to be watched over. These companies don't care about your privacy much, otherwise they would have encrypted them. These women also send them to multiple random parties, this also makes them not private. What is private anyway?

Once leaked, they would end up on hundreds of sites, and they can't be removed from everywhere. PinkMeth is only one of them.

User stupidity is also a major part of this. Stupidity just isn't compatible with privacy much.

John