Re: [tor-talk] Comcast looking for Tor traffic, contacting customers to threaten termination of service.

>    So because other people do bad things, that makes the bad things okay
> to do?  That's rather ridiculous, don't you think?  As for "what is
> private anyway" that's pretty straightforward in this case.  If one
> sends a picture to a lover, the expectation is that it will be kept
> private.  Shaming women for normal expressions of sexuality is fucking
> bullshit.

I am not saying that PinkMeth is squeaky clean. It is a controversial service. However, it isn't any worse compared to other egregious privacy violations that occur daily on the massive scale, and you seem to hold a particular dislike of PinkMeth.
It was even the court decision that e-mail contents fall under "expectation of privacy", however government doesn't give a rat's a** about this and massively reads people's e-mails. So why would you expect an operator of the hidden service to respect such things? They might even be located in another jurisdiction, where there is no "expectation of privacy" concept. Additionally, society has controversial views about what is "normal" and what is not. Otherwise we wouldn't even hold this conversation.

>    And people you might deem as "stupid" deserve privacy just as much as
> the rest of us.

Too bad, nobody is out there to guard their privacy rights. This is just the fact. Rights are only as strong as the means of their protection.

John