[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.1.6-rc is released!
There's a new Tor release candidate available! The source is available
from the "download" page on the website on the website, and packages
should be available before long. The Tor Browser team expects to get a
release out later this month.
This is a release candidate; please help find bugs in it! If we don't
find any new critical problems, we'll be calling this release series
Changes in version 0.3.1.6-rc - 2017-09-05
Tor 0.3.1.6-rc fixes a few small bugs and annoyances in the 0.3.1
release series, including a bug that produced weird behavior on
Windows directory caches.
This is the first release candidate in the Tor 0.3.1 series. If we
find no new bugs or regressions here, the first stable 0.3.1 release
will be nearly identical to it.
o Major bugfixes (windows, directory cache):
- On Windows, do not try to delete cached consensus documents and
diffs before they are unmapped from memory--Windows won't allow
that. Instead, allow the consensus cache directory to grow larger,
to hold files that might need to stay around longer. Fixes bug
22752; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
o Minor features (directory authority):
- Improve the message that authorities report to relays that present
RSA/Ed25519 keypairs that conflict with previously pinned keys.
Closes ticket 22348.
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the August 3 2017 Maxmind GeoLite2
o Minor features (testing):
- Add more tests for compression backend initialization. Closes
o Minor bugfixes (directory cache):
- Fix a memory leak when recovering space in the consensus cache.
Fixes bug 23139; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (hidden service):
- Increase the number of circuits that a service is allowed to
open over a specific period of time. The value was lower than it
should be (8 vs 12) in the normal case of 3 introduction points.
Fixes bug 22159; bugfix on 0.3.0.5-rc.
- Fix a BUG warning during HSv3 descriptor decoding that could be
cause by a specially crafted descriptor. Fixes bug 23233; bugfix
on 0.3.0.1-alpha. Bug found by "haxxpop".
- Rate-limit the log messages if we exceed the maximum number of
allowed intro circuits. Fixes bug 22159; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (logging, relay):
- Remove a forgotten debugging message when an introduction point
successfully establishes a hidden service prop224 circuit with
- Change three other log_warn() for an introduction point to
protocol warnings, because they can be failure from the network
and are not relevant to the operator. Fixes bug 23078; bugfix on
0.3.0.1-alpha and 0.3.0.2-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (relay):
- When a relay is not running as a directory cache, it will no
longer generate compressed consensuses and consensus diff
information. Previously, this was a waste of disk and CPU. Fixes
bug 23275; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (robustness, error handling):
- Improve our handling of the cases where OpenSSL encounters a
memory error while encoding keys and certificates. We haven't
observed these errors in the wild, but if they do happen, we now
detect and respond better. Fixes bug 19418; bugfix on all versions
of Tor. Reported by Guido Vranken.
o Minor bugfixes (stability):
- Avoid crashing on a double-free when unable to load or process an
included file. Fixes bug 23155; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha. Found
with the clang static analyzer.
o Minor bugfixes (testing):
- Fix an undersized buffer in test-memwipe.c. Fixes bug 23291;
bugfix on 0.2.7.2-alpha. Found and patched by Ties Stuij.
- Port the hs_ntor handshake test to work correctly with recent
versions of the pysha3 module. Fixes bug 23071; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (Windows service):
- When running as a Windows service, set the ID of the main thread
correctly. Failure to do so made us fail to send log messages to
the controller in 0.2.1.16-rc, slowed down controller event
delivery in 0.2.7.3-rc and later, and crash with an assertion
failure in 0.3.1.1-alpha. Fixes bug 23081; bugfix on 0.2.1.6-alpha.
Patch and diagnosis from "Vort".
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to