Guidelines? (And a quick note about the website)

Are there any specific design guidelines I ought to follow? I'm going to
draw up some drafts of documents describing the "new" PSound, PInput and I
plan to keep a seperate PSound3D (there's a reason...it will be in the doc,
might change it later though) a little bit later, so I was wondering if
there is anything I should know.  One specific question, C or C++? I'd
prefer C++ but if the rest of the project uses predominantly C, then I'll
go with that.

Oh and Mr. James, if you need anyhelp with the website, drop me a note.

Derek Greene