Net: Alive?

Is there anybody on this list that can be classified as 'alive'? :-) I put
a CC to the main list as well, as it seems to have at least some kind of
traffic every now and then.

Anyway, I took some time to hacka-wacka the Zombie server to bits and
pieces and did some modifications (well, not really that much) :

o The server is now entirely thread-based, no more fork():s are used.
Reduces some overhead and seems to increse connection speed.

o The entire package is now under autoconf, and it should be fairly well
done AFAIK. It checks for most things I can think of. Directories can be
specified easily.

o Servers now have stubs incorporated that enable rudimentary statistics
to be kept (# of connections, # of packets/bytes sent/received, uptime).
These can soon be queried by clients, either directly from the main server
(stats for all active services) or a specific instance (stats fro one
particular instance).

o Stubs for more advanced management of the server remotely.

o Better handling of the config-file (regexps are nice), more
configurability.

o RPM and Debian packages. The debs are still a bit experimental, but most
of the hard work has been done by Nicholas Lee. He has kindly given me
access to a/his Debian machine so that the debs can be easily maintained.

What I was really after is if anybody has som comments as to what
functionality needs to be added. Most of what is found on the PenguinNet
homepage is now incorporated. As I've now ripped much stuff to pieces it
is quite 'easy' to add other functionality too. Then I'll focus on
stabilizing the entire thing and getting a new release out of the door.

The ChangeLog as well as all available docs and downloads can as usual be
found at http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/zombie/

Btw, what must a normal dumbass do in order to get an .org -domain
registered? Has anyone done something like that?

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream